Wednesday, September 29, 2010

More Dancing Rocks Senior Fair 2010

It was the last day (Sunday) of the Senior Fair 2010 at the Blaisdell Exhibition Hall. More dancing on stage was in store. And as you know or will know if I'm armed with a camera, I'm likely to play the role of a paparazzi.

So as Lani was renewing her (ahem) Zippy's Senior Card, I'm at the Main Stage clicking away as friends Ron and wife Manjit are hoofing on the hard floor to the pleasure of the well appreciative audience. After all, just watching a couple of Seniors expending all that energy that could generate the lights at City Hall...well you got to appreciate Seniors doing it.


Not all the action was at the Main Stage. There were some Seniors attempting the high energy Elecrtric Slide Line Dance at the Galleria Stage. "Old age is not for sissies". They can sure rock, especially when led by Californian Lynn Coleman with background music by the One Man Band.


Met Norma Koenig at the Galleria Stage as the Electric Slide was going on. With her were her friends Patrick, Ron, and Joan who were going to showcase the Argentine Tango on stage. Although, it was mentioned that there are four or more different styles of the Argentine Tango, I couldn't see the difference. I guess being exposed to Social and Exhibition Tango, I'm not a good study of the Argentine Tango. Although, I think Norma and Friends did their best to convey the idea of this nightclub style of Tango.


More action banging away at the Main Stage with the young high school singers and dancers of the Nanakuli High School Performing Arts. Theirs was high octane performance that no Senior attempted to do some gyrating with the fast music. I think they feared of running out of gas. Terrific showing by the young people.

Okay, time to put the brakes on the heartbeat, put my camera away, meet my main squeeze, and hit the road back to Hawaii Kai.


OOOPS! Almost forgot to highlight the Kapahulu Senior Center Belly Dancers. Now Belly Dancing can excite even the oldest of Seniors (you know what I mean) but it can also be a means of cooling down to the Shake, Rattle, and Roll if you keep your eyes on the ...........???????