Friday, November 12, 2010

Furlough Friday Social Dance @The Radford

It's been a tough week for Lani and me. Samba Formation practice on Sunday, teaching Nightclub 2 Step and East Coast Swing on Tuesday, Samba Formation practice on Wednesday, and housework and yardwork on Thursday. Not as young and nimble as we use to be....BUT tonight was my night to HOWL and PROWL.

So it was like Guy's Night OUT and I headed to the Radford early without my main squeeze Lani to give Jimbo a hand in setting up the place before the 7 o'clock crowd got there. Unfortunately, I got to hit the mass of heavy traffic heading towards the Westside. When I got to the Radford, Maurice had already moved and folded most the tables by himself. It must've been Jimbo's night off since he's been the focal pointman to set up the dance area each time there was a social dance or formation practice. Anyway I got to help out what little things needed to be done.


Andy Pascua had his good selection of music playing as dancers started to trickle into the cafeteria. More dancers trickled in and by 8:30, I counted a little over 70 dancing souls present.


A lot of new faces among the regulars...and a couple that I have not seen for a long time...Chris and Vicky Visario. They are still teaching ballroom dancing in Waipahu.

As I mentioned..it was Guy's Night Out..and I took full advantage of being a stag tonight. Got to dance with a lot of ladies who I haven't led before. The music was just great and it was easy to glide throughout the entire dance area with the lovelies.


Kevin and Margarite Yee were just great in leading the Line Dances....the Merengue, the Samba, the Disco Hustle, the Foxtrot, the Waltz, the Cha Cha and other line dances that I couldn't put a finger on the names. It was a fun thing and at least half the attendance jumped in while others partner-danced in the open area.

It was grindz time a little after 8 o'clock and Lester of the Lester and Henrietta showcase dance duo said the prayer of thanks. All the potluck goodies on the serving table was like a Filipino luau....all ono kine with desserts and refreshments.

Well it was a fun Fourlough Friday Social Dance but this stag burned out all his reserved energy dancing with all the pretty ladies. So it was time to get on my mode of transportation and head Eastward; leaving the Radford before my legs gave way. To the ladies I danced with, mucho gracias and I hope you enjoyed the dance as much as I had dancing with you.

Next Furlough Friday Social Dance is at the Radford on November 26. But first our friends at Pan Pacific Ballroom Dance Society is hosting a dance at the Palladium this Saturday (Nov. 13). Next DANCE HAWAII Social Dance is at the Aliamanu Middle School on November 20. AND NO FORGET Hawaii Gardenia Circle Christmas Dance at the Palladium on November 27. Go to my Weblog "That's Dancing" for more info on this one by clicking on the link in the right margin. That's all fo' now.