Wednesday, August 02, 2017

IBDI 2017 3rd Term Student Party

The IBDI 3rd Term Student Party was held this past Monday at the Palladium. (Student Party are normally held a week after the close of a seven week or session of dance classes). The "party" is open only to students of IBDI and it's the evening when the students demonstrate with music what they had learned during the 7-week session.

Bento is usually served for a buck which includes admission to the ballroom for social dancing.

                                  Bento was prepared and served by IBDI VP Diana Vo.


Social dancing was in full swing when Lani and I arrived at the Palladium. It was gonna be a big night for us because our students were going to demonstrate the Bolero. After dancing with my main squeeze, I went paparazzi with my trusty cam. Got a few shots before heading back to dancing.








EmCee for the student demo part of the program was IBDI President Arnold Wong.
EmCee  Prez Arnold Wong
Classes on the Ewa side of the ballroom were called to  demonstrate first.

1) International Tango I (Instructor: George Suetsugu)
2) International Cha Cha I (Instructor: George Suetsugu)
3) Bachata (Instructors: Dean & Suzy)
4) Quickstep (Instructor: Jim Prado)

Then the classes from the Diamond Head side of the ballroom came out to perform.

1) International Foxtrot I (Instructor: Thomas Campbell)
2) Bolero (Instructors: Frank & Lani)
3) International Waltz I (Instructor: Albert Franz (Pro)
4) International Samba I (Instructor: Albert Franz (Pro)

All the students danced very well in their demo of the dances they had learned.

For the Instructors part of the program to demonstrate the dances for the 4th Term, Thomas Campbell and assistant demonstrated the International Foxtrot I. Mr. Albert Franz and assistant demonstrated the International Waltz II, and the International Cha Cha I.

Music was provided and played by Dean.
Mr. Albert Franz and Dean 

Lani and I want to thank all those dancers who joined in to dancing the Bolero with our students. Also a big mahalo to Suzy and Diana who presented Dean, Lani and me with leis, to IBDI for the parting gifts, to Heleen and Atlas for the gift, and to all those who wished us well and farewell.
Much thanks also to Richard Chung and SnowJade who assisted us in the Bolero class.

Suzy and Dean

Heleen and Atlas
SnowJade, Lani, Dean, Suzy, and  VP Diana