Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Hawaii Gardenia Circle Anniversary Dance and Showcase



WOW! Another weekend of SRO (Standing Room Only) dance at the Ala Wai Palladium last week Saturday. Hawaii Gardenia Circle put on an electrifying and entertaining showcase that's hard to beat.  Gayle Kawahakui and her HGC Committee made this event and showcase the best I've seen in recent months. Music by DJ Bert Burgess was going on non-stop and the dance floor was filled with dancers when I got to the Ewa Ballroom. (Yes! I was a  "Lone Ranger" that night 'cause my side-kick was not feeling well). 

I was greeted by the nice and smiling people at the Reception Table. Than my host Gayle Kawahakui who invited Lani and me as her guests to this HGC Anniversary Dance a.k.a "Black and White" Ball welcomed me. The next table was covered with packaged manapua and was attended by two more nice and smiling peopleI could tell this was gonna be a happy dancing event.






As the music played non-stop, guys were moving around "grabbing" ladies to dance with them. As for sure no lady left the Palladium without dancing at least one time that night. Gotta thank Deanie Bates Burgess for trying to find a seat for me. Dat's sweet.







SHOW TIME: EmCee was Steven Sambrano

The Showcase started about 8 PM with Edwin and Charlottre Bugarin Dancers performing the International Cha Cha. 


The Arthur Murray Dance Center came on next with their dancers performing solos in a variety of American style Tango, Waltz, Foxtrot, East Coast Swing, etc, and a bit of group dancing. (You can view short video clips of the showcase on Facebook (Dancers group).









All the performers in the showcase were awesome in their dance and they received huge applause during and after each performance. They came to perform, they came to dance, and they came to entertain at a level that will be unforgettable.
(Thanks to Gordon Wong, who gave his seat to me while I was taking photos and videos of the showcase.)

General dancing resumed non-stop and dancers started to fill the dance floor.  And it was time for this "Lone Ranger" to head back home to my "not feeling well side-kick" But before leaving, I was able to grab hold of my host Gayle and thank her once again.  She replied, "Wait. Take home some manapua."  Dat's special! (Thanks, Gayle and thanks to Jane Umeda for packaging  the manapua for me to take home.) 

Dat's all for now. Happy Dancing!