Tuesday, May 23, 2017

IBDI 2017 2nd Term Student Party

International Foxtrot by Thomas Campbell
Not quite a big celebration but it turned out to be a fun night with a lot of dancing to some upbeat music by the music man Dean. It was the 2nd term student party for IBDI students and dance instructors last night at the Palladium. Besides a night of social dancing, the students of this term demonstrated what they had learned during the past seven weeks. The man at the mike during the portion of the demonstration program was IBDI Prez Arnold who announced each dance class as he called the students to the dance floor. With eight dance classes, each demonstration went on for a minute and a half to two minutes. The dance classes this term were: International Rumba I and International Quickstep I by instructor George Suetsugu, Nigh Club 2 Step by instructor Jim Prado, LA Style Salsa by instructor Dean, International Waltz II by instructor Thomas Campbell, Mambo by instructors Frank & Lani, West Coast Swing I&II and International Tango I by instructor (Pro) Albert Franz.

View the video of the Bachata by Dean and Suzy at
Frank Sierra Jr. Facebook
Although, it was a special night for the students, we were treated to a preview demonstration of the upcoming 3rd term dance class with the International Foxtrot I by Thomas Campbell and assistant, and the Bachata by Dean and Suzy.

Pre-sale bento was served before social dancing and door prizes to the lucky numbers concluded the demonstration portion of the program. Social dancing continued till about 8:45 PM.

Registration for the 3rd Term starts on May 29 and dance classes start on June 12. Classes are
Intnl Tango I and Intnl Cha Cha I by George Suetsugu, Bachata by Dean, Quickstep by Jim Prado, Intnl Foxtrot I by Thomas Campbell, Bolero by Frank & Lani, Intnl Waltz I and Intnl Samba I by (Pro) Albert Franz.