Saturday, December 02, 2017

2017 IBDI Inaugural & Christmas Dance

The International Ballroom Dance Inc. held its Inaugural and Christmas Dance last night at the Palladium. Although I got there a bit after seven, the line to the buffet table was still long. And there were many dancers out in the lanai enjoying the evening meal. I came solo to the Palladium 'cause my main squeeze was not feeling well. AUWE! Anyway, instead of standing in the buffet line, I went paparazzi with my point and shoot little Sony camera. I think I got some pretty good shots because all the subjects were not camera shy even if I didn't know their names. Some, I did. So if you see your picture and I forgot your name, please accept my sincere apology. Your smile is worth a lot more and I thank you for allowing me to take a photo of you. And now, on with the show.........




At the Reception Table : IBDI Prez Arnold Lee
and IBDI Sargeant-at-arms Joe Lee

Henry Lee was the Musicman and his excellent selection
of music kept the dance floor filled with dancers.




Dr. Walter Wong and Diane Wong


Debra and Calvin Ota

Lori and Mike Chun


Aloha Dance Club President Gordon Wong and friend


Jo and Janie




Round Dancers SnowJade and Linda Batt

Joan Oda of New Aala Bakery

IBDI Assistant Dance Instructor Kathy Uyehara (right) and friend





IBDI VP Diana Vo working in kitchen

The hard working Palladium Caretaker




Soon to be IBDI Public Affairs Director David Louie 


Betty (right) and Friend

IBDI President Arnold Lee and Richard Chung



Kathy (left) and Friends

Arnold, Kathy, Diana, and Linda having a brief  meeting before
the Installation of Officers part of the program

A welcome message and brief history of IBDI by
President Arnold Lee

Followed by VP Diana Vo with a brief message


Linda Batt sang the National Anthem and the Hawaii National Athem.

Outgoing IBDI President Arnold Lee announcing the names of the
of the 2018 IBDI Officers and Directors


The 2018 IBDI Officers and Directors are:
President/Treasurer/Director Diana Vo

Public Affairs/Members Relations: David Louie
Music Equipment/Director Thomas Campbell

Ticket Chair Kathy Uyehara
Vice President/Director Steven Sambrano
Membership Registration/Secretary/Director Arnold Lee  



2018 IBDI President Diana Vo

Before the closing of the Installation of Officers part of the program, outgoing President Arnold Lee called out to all the volunteers who helped IBDI to stand and be recognized. And there were many.
2018 calendars were passed out to the audience and was followed by the calling of lucky numbers for door prizes. Social dancing resumed till closing. 
Thank you, Arnold and Diana for inviting Lani, my sons Dean and Nick, and me as your guests to this event.
CONGRATULATIONS to the 2018 IBDI Officers and Directors!
Hasta la vista fo' now.