Thursday, January 21, 2010

Fundraiser For WAM

Dance Aliamanu has taken the lead in helping our public schools by donating proceeds from dance classes and social events to the schools that opens their doors to Dance Aliamanu. Now we have one of Dance Aliamanu's talented instructors spearheading a fundraiser for WAM (Waipahu and Moanalua High School Ballroom Dance Clubs). See poster for more info. It's a worthy cause to benefit our high school students at the two schools. Jill has a request but let her letter say it. It was originally addresed to members of Dance Aliamanu but I believe a wider dissemination might bring in more results. (Left click on graphic to zoom in)



My name is Jill Tengan and I am the advisor of Moanalua High School's Ballroom Dance Club. My club will be performing at our annual fundraiser coming up on February 6th and I am trying to get real ballroom dance shoes for my girl performers. Lynn Nakamura and Henrietta Muramoto have generously donated a number of pairs of standard and latin shoes that they are not using anymore, but I still need a few more pairs. Specifically, I have some girls who range between Size 8 and 9 who still need shoes. If you have any pairs that you are no longer using and you would like to donate them to my high school kids (guys' shoes, too), please contact me at jilltengan@gmail.com.

Thank you so much!
Jill

P.S. We would love for you to join us at our 2nd annual fundraiser social on February 6th at the Moanalua High School cafeteria. Please see the attached flyer for more info. Mahalo!